30 MOVING TIPS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER
Last updated on January 12, 2023 / By
- Start planning early and make a moving checklist to keep yourself organized.
- Sort through your belongings and get rid of anything you don’t need or use.
- Notify utility companies and other important services of your move and schedule disconnections and reconnections.
- Label boxes clearly and with specific contents to make unpacking easier.
- Use packing materials such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts to protect fragile items during transport.
- Hire a reputable moving company or rent a moving truck.
- Pack a moving day essentials box with items you’ll need right away, such as clothes and toiletries.
- Disassemble large items like beds and desks before moving.
- Take photos of electronic wiring or other complicated set-ups before disconnecting them.
- Utilize the space in your suitcases, bags and other containers when packing to save on boxes.
- Make sure you have enough insurance coverage for your belongings during the move.
- Set aside important documents and keep them with you during the move.
- Pack a change of clothes and toiletries for the first night in your new home.
- Use garbage bags to pack clothes and linens instead of boxes.
- Make sure to drain all liquids from appliances before moving.
- Label all boxes with their room destination.
- Make arrangements for your pets and plants during the move.
- Take a final walk-through of your old home to ensure nothing is left behind.
- Clean your old home before leaving.
- Double check all closets, drawers, and storage areas for forgotten items.
- Pack a tool kit for reassembling furniture.
- Take a photo of your parking spot in your new building, so you know exactly where to park.
- Make arrangements for your mail to be forwarded to your new address.
- Make sure all boxes are sealed tightly.
- Use furniture pads to protect your furniture.
- Take measurements of your new home to ensure your furniture will fit.
- Make sure all loose items are secured in your car or moving truck.
- Keep important documents and valuables with you during the move.
- Have a moving day plan with your moving company.
- Take time to unpack and settle in your new home, don’t rush it.
Do Moving Containers Make Moving Easier?
Moving usually takes more money, time and effort than anyone expects. If someone moves often, they may have the intricacies down pat and are able to make the move quickly and easily.
What Moving Supplies Should You Buy for Your Self Move?
The first step towards a smooth flowing self-moving project is to insure that the right moving supplies are purchased. Having the right supplies on hand can be the difference between an organized project and chaos.
Moving to a new house can be very time consuming and stressful for anyone, whether they have professional movers do the job or they do it themselves. There are hundreds of details involved in relocating that need to be tended to and packing is one of the big ones.