Last updated on February 20, 2023 / By 

To request a name correction on your bank account, you will need to write a letter to your bank explaining the error and requesting that they change the name on your account. Here is a sample letter you can use as a guide:

Dear [Bank Name],

I am writing to request a correction to the name on my bank account. My account number is [Account Number] and my current name on the account is [Current Name].

The name on my account should be [Correct Name]. I have attached a copy of my government-issued identification (ID) as proof of the correct spelling of my name.

I would appreciate it if you could make this correction as soon as possible. Please let me know if you need any additional information or documentation from me.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.


[Your Name]

Remember to include your account number and to provide a copy of your ID as proof of your correct name. If you have any other documents that can help verify your correct name, such as a marriage certificate or a name change order, you should also attach copies of those documents to your letter. 

It is important to make sure that your name on your bank account matches your legal name, as this can help prevent confusion and potential problems in the future.