Learn how to write a letter to ask someone for money. Use our sample letter to ask someone for money as a template for your request letter.
ask someone for money in a letter sample
Name of Uncle
Address of Uncle
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Uncle Tobias:
I haven’t seen you since last Thanksgiving and I hope you and Aunt Jane are safe and well. This letter is a formal request for a loan of $1000 to help pay the expenses of back-to-school for Mary and Luke.
They are entering fifth and seventh grades respectively and need new shoes, school supplies and laptops, and I have to pay fees for sports participation for Luke and pottery class for Mary.
Normally, I would be able to afford these things, but I had to pay a percentage of my cancer treatment, which depleted my savings. Thankfully, I am cancer-free now.
I start back to work next month and will begin to receive my full paycheck. Once that starts, I can repay you $200 per month for five months and whatever interest you require.
Thank you for considering my situation, and if it isn’t a good time for you to lend money, don’t worry, things will work out. Give my love to Aunt Jane.
Your loving niece,
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
- Writing an University Application Letter [Free Samples]
Thank You for Your Support