While the format of your career change cover letter might be similar to that of a regular cover letter, the content should be adjusted to address why your present experience is relevant and helpful to the job and the firm. Use our sample cover letter for a career change as a guide when writing your own.
Sample 1 - Career Change cover letter
89 Sycamore Drive
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
VP of Business Development
McClain Educational Center
15 Bi-Sentinel Lane
Philadelphia, PA 12345
Dear Mr. Lance,
I’m writing as a fellow Ohio State University alum (class of 2007) who would appreciate any insight you might provide regarding McClain Educational Center.
I’ve been working as an account executive for about ten years, but owing to the current market downturn, I’m considering switching to a more human resources-focused career path at a company like yours.
Although I’ve had a lot of success in sales and marketing, I’ve realized that the aspects of my work that I enjoy the most are all HR-related activities.
The following offers a few suggestions and highlights some of my qualifications:
• Solid Establishment in HR: As an account executive, I was accountable for numerous HR functions, including employing, questioning, the acquisition and preparation of new employees.
I am a quick learner of multifaceted concepts and lawful issues; I am willing to enlarge these capabilities.
• Vibrant communication Style: I am proficient in constructing relationships, agreement and a joint sense of persistence.
I am recognized for my capability to rapidly form trust with workers, arbitrate disagreements and inspire others into accomplishment.
• Understanding of Corporate Training: As a steady force, I have been persistent through my sales career.
I have been involved in the design and conveyance of staff growth programs. Contented and knowledgeable are two of my top qualities.
I am capable of giving presentations to groups of all sorts, both large and little. I’ve supervised hundreds of instructional seminars for a wide range of audiences at all levels of government.
I’m aware that you have three HR roles open right now. I’d be delighted to speak with you more if you believe my qualifications can meet your company’s high requirements.
Please examine my resume, which I have included for your inspection, and contact me to further discuss this.
Sample 2 - Career Change cover letter
[City, State, Zip Code]
[Hiring Manager’s Name]
[City, State, Zip Code]
RE: Human Service Assistant, [Ref# 338857, Date of Advertisement]
Dear [Mr./Ms.] [Hiring Manager’s last Name],
In response to the newly announced human service assistant position at [Company’s Name], I am submitting my résumé. I feel that my education and experience closely match your needs, and that my additional experience in psychology will make me a valuable asset to your organization.
My accomplishments that are relevant to this human service assistant position include:
- Working with clients and other professionals, such as social workers, to develop a treatment plan
- Helping clients find assistance with daily activities, such as eating and bathing
- Checking in with clients to ensure that services are provided appropriately
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting patients expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at [Company’s Name].
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a human service assistant.
I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Writing an University Application Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
Thank You for Your Support