civil Engineer Cover Letter Sample
454 14th Street, Apt. 314
Washington, DC 28996
November 04, 2019
XYZ Engineer Company
Cherry Hill, NJ 28996
RE: Civil Engineer, Ref# 228857, 11/01/2019
Dear Mr. Clark:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised civil engineer position at XYZ Engineer Company. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in software programming will make me an asset to your organization.
Some key points that are relevant to this civil engineer position include:
- Analyzed long range plans, maps, and other data to plan and design projects
- Compiled and submitted permit applications to federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Managed the repair, maintenance, and replacement of public and private infrastructures
- Analyzed the results of tests on building materials for use in particular projects
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated civil engineer with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting clients expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at ABC Civil Company.
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a civil engineer. I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Cover Letter Tips:
• The letter should be short and to the point. No more than one page.
• The sentences should also be short.
• The letter should be written on the same paper as the resume and use the same font and header.
• The font should be easy to read and not larger than 12pt or smaller than 10pt.
• The letter should be included with the resume.
• The letter should be typed in formal business-letter style and not handwritten.