Learn how to write a counter offer letter for insurance settlement. Use our sample counter offer letter for insurance settlement as a template for your settlement letter.
Counter Offer Letter For Insurance Settlement Sample
City, State, Zip Code
Insurance Adjuster’s Name
Insurance Company’s Name
Insurance Company’s Address
City, State, Zip Code
RE: Counter Offer for Claim Number NUMBER
Dear Mr/Ms/ Last Name of Adjuster:
Your letter dated [DATE] containing your offer of a settlement for my personal injury lawsuit was received by me. Regarding the facts of the claim, I studied the contents of your letter and found them to be incorrect. As a result, your settlement offer is unacceptably low.
Please have a look at the details of my claim. I’ve attached a copy of the police report with the details of the car collision. According to the report, I was riding my bicycle in the proper lane on [DATE] when your insured crashed with me.
My arm was broken when I was thrown to the ground. My bicycle had been utterly ruined. Your insured received a ticket for driving under the influence of alcohol at the scene. I’d appreciate it if you could look through my claim’s details and adjust the settlement accordingly. In an ambulance, I was transferred to the hospital and treated there.
I stayed in the hospital for one night. I’ve also attached copies of the ambulance report, doctor’s bill, and hospital charge, as well as a new bicycle bill. I was unable to work for six weeks and required four more weeks of physical treatment in addition to my physical pain and suffering. Because of no fault of my own, this has been an emotionally challenging period for me.
You have not supplied any proof that contradicts the evidence I presented to you. I looked into other similar claims and, coupled with the invoices, believe my original settlement claim request was reasonable. However, in the hopes of a swift and fair resolution, I am willing to reduce my settlement demand to [AMOUNT]. I’d rather not go to court over this issue.
I can be reached at [555-123-4567] or at [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you have any questions or require any more information. I hope to hear from you soon.
Signature of Claimant
Printed Name of Claimant
List of Enclosures
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Writing an University Application Letter [Free Samples]
Thank You for Your Support