Learn how to write a data scientist cover letter. Use our sample data scientist cover letter as a template for your impressive cover letter.
Data Scientist Cover Letter Sample
[1504 Ash Place, Apt. 534]
[Berkeley, CA 28946]
[April 6, 2019]
[ABC Data Science Company]
[Berkeley, CA 28946]
RE Data Scientist:
Dear [Ms. Newburg]:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised data scientist position at [ABC Data Science Company]. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in data mining will make me an asset to your organization.
- Performed analytical tasks on vast amounts of structured and unstructured data to extract actionable business insights
- Participated in data processing and data mining of large and complex datasets
- Developed algorithms using advanced mathematical and statistical techniques like machine learning to predict business outcomes
- Assisted in the presentation of business insights to management using visualization technologies and data storytelling
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated data scientist with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting clients expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at [ABC Data Science Company].
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a data scientist. I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Cover Letter Tips:
• The letter should be short and to the point. No more than one page.
• The sentences should also be short.
• The letter should be written on the same paper as the resume and use the same font and header.
• The font should be easy to read and not larger than 12pt or smaller than 10pt.
• The letter should be included with the resume.
• The letter should be typed in formal business-letter style and not handwritten.