If you’re applying for a job, you should include a cover letter with your resume. Cover letters can help you stand out from the crowd since they allow you to communicate directly to the hiring manager and demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the job.
Learn how to write a data scientist cover letter. Use our sample data scientist cover letter as a template for your impressive cover letter.
Data Scientist Cover Letter Sample
[1504 Ash Place, Apt. 534]
[Berkeley, CA 28946]
[ABC Data Science Company]
[Berkeley, CA 28946]
RE: Data Scientist, Ref# 228857, DATE
Dear [Ms. Newburg]:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised data scientist position at [ABC Data Science Company]. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in data mining will make me an asset to your organization.
- Performed analytical tasks on vast amounts of structured and unstructured data to extract actionable business insights
- Participated in data processing and data mining of large and complex datasets
- Developed algorithms using advanced mathematical and statistical techniques like machine learning to predict business outcomes
- Assisted in the presentation of business insights to management using visualization technologies and data storytelling
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated data scientist with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting clients expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at [ABC Data Science Company].
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a data scientist. I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements.
Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
- 3 Golden Rules for Writing an Outstanding Cover Letter
- How to Get a Job with No Experience
- The 4 Sentence Cover Letter That Gets You The Job Interview
- How to Write a Cover Letter (with No Experience)
- How to Explain an Employment Gap on Your Cover Letter
- 4 Secrets to Writing a Great Cover Letter
- How to Write a Strong Email Cover Letter (with Sample)