Below is data scientist cover letter to be enclosed with the applicant’s resume. It should be not more than one page, written in formal, business-style and sent by certified mail, so the applicant gets confirmation that it has been received.
Two weeks after the HR director has received the letter, the applicant should call to follow-up the status of their application.
Data scientist cover letter sample
1504 Ash Place, Apt. 534
Berkeley, CA 28946
April 6, 2019
ABC Data Science Company
Berkeley, CA 28946
RE Data Scientist:, Ref# 334857, 04/01/19
Dear Ms. Newburg:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised data scientist position at ABC Data Science Company. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in data mining will make me an asset to your organization.
Some key points that are relevant to this data scientist position include:
- Performed analytical tasks on vast amounts of structured and unstructured data to extract actionable business insights
- Participated in data processing and data mining of large and complex datasets
- Developed algorithms using advanced mathematical and statistical techniques like machine learning to predict business outcomes
- Assisted in the presentation of business insights to management using visualization technologies and data storytelling
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated data scientist with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting clients expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at ABC Data Science Company.
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a data scientist. I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Cover Letter Tips:
• The letter should be short and to the point. No more than one page.
• The sentences should also be short.
• The letter should be written on the same paper as the resume and use the same font and header.
• The font should be easy to read and not larger than 12pt or smaller than 10pt.
• The letter should be included with the resume.
• The letter should be typed in formal business-letter style and not handwritten.