Determine if the school has an established format for appealing grades before writing a grade appeal email. Some schools have a specific format for grade appeal emails, while others have none at all.
Some professors have teaching assistants who give the grades. If a teaching assistant gave the grade, that individual should be included in the appeal.
This is a sample grade appeal email to a professor to request a grade modification in a class. If the professor refuses to change the grade, you might write another appeal email to an appeal board. If this is the case, the necessary paperwork or documents must be included to a email.
Sample Grade Change Request Letter
Subject: Grade change request for Biology 101
Dear [Professor’s Name]:
This is a formal request that you change my grade in Biology 101 for the fall semester DATE from a C to a B. I understand why you gave me a C grade, but I hope you will change it because of certain circumstances that were beyond my control.
I received an A on every class test as well as an A on my project about the endangered frogs in this county. However, because I was not able to take the final exam, I received an F and my final grade was a C.
The reason I could not take the exam is that I was in the hospital with a concussion after an automobile accident.
The accident was not my fault, and I am well now, but I was under care for two weeks, during which the final exam was held. I have enclosed copies of my medical records.
I believe that if I had been able to sit for the exam, I would have made an A or B+ grade based on my other coursework. I would be happy to take the exam at any time if you would be willing to give it to me privately.
I am a pre-med student, and a C grade in any pre-med course will greatly hamper my chances of being admitted to medical school.
I would very much like to meet with you at any time that is convenient for you to discuss the possibility of my grade being raised.
I can be reached at Email Address or at Phone Number. Thank you for considering my request.
List of Attachments: Medical Records
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Speeding Ticket Appeal Letter [Free Samples]
Thank You for Your Support