Because extended car warranty plans are contracts, they must be cancelled in writing. You must write a letter giving your insurer formal notice of cancellation in order to cancel the contract.
Putting your cancellation request in writing protects your interests by giving hard copy proof of your request. As a starting point for your own extended car warranty cancellation letter, use the template given here.
Extended Car Warranty Cancellation Letter Sample
February 05, 2022
BAC Warranty Insurance
ATT: Cancellations Department
143 Warranty Insurance Way
Columbia, VA 21061
Re: Cancellation of Policy #3333456
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to request you to cancel my extended car warranty policy #3333456 effective 02/09/2022.
Please send me a written confirmation of this cancellation within 30 days upon receiving this request, refund the unused portion of my premium and stop charging the premium following the cancellation date.
Thank you for your time and prompt attention to this letter.
234 Blue Lane
Livingston, NJ 08086
- Can I Get A Refund Or Cancel Extended Warranty?
- How To Terminate A Contract Correctly
- A Contract Can Be Terminated In Several Ways
- How To Switch Car Insurance Companies
- Writing an Insurance Quote Request Letter (with Sample)
- Writing a Strong Insurance Claim Letter for Car Accident
- How Credit Scores Impact Your Car Insurance
- Writing a Counter Offer Letter for Insurance Settlement
Writing an Auto Insurance Cancellation Letter (with Samples)