Learn how to write a financial aid appeal letter. Use our sample financial aid appeal letter as a template for your appeal letter.
Financial Aid Appeal Letter sample
West Virginia State University
Attention: Mr. Don Snyder
P.O. Box 1000
Institute Drive, WV 25112
Dear Mr. Snyder:
I want to thank West Virginia State for their generous offer of $25,000 in financial aid for the YEAR – YEAR school year. Though your offer was more than gracious, it is not sufficient for my financial needs.
I would like to formally request additional funds so that I may attend West Virginia State. Without additional funding, I will be unable to attend college, as I had planned.
While my financial aid application shows me as being able to pay a substantial amount of money on my own, it did not paint an accurate picture.
I have outstanding medical bills that total more than $250 a month, as well as a car payment that is $350. This is in addition to my normal living expenses that I incur on a monthly basis.
The assistance offered is helpful, but I will need at least an additional $15,000 in assistance to be able to attend college at WVU.
Since my parents were both graduates of your university, I am hopeful that I can get the funding I need and can follow in their footsteps. Thank you for your time and your consideration.
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
Thank You for Your Support