Below are sample cashier cover letters to be enclosed with the cashier’s resume. It should be not more than one page, written in formal, business-style and sent by certified mail, so the applicant gets confirmation that it has been received.
Two weeks after the HR manager has received the letter, the applicant should call to follow-up the status of their application.
Sample 1 – Cashier Cover Letter
124 12th Street, Apt. 123
Oakland, CA 28396
April 20, 2019
123 Bakery lane
Oakland, CA 28397
Dear Ms. Lewis:
I am applying for the job of cashier in ABC Bakery. I learned from my mother, Carmen Harris, who frequents your bakery that you are looking for a new cashier and I believe I would be good at the job.
I have worked as a cashier in XYZ Business supplying organic produce to restaurants and individuals. I not only have experience in handling money, I also understand the needs for fresh ingredients in the bakery business.
I am proficient in Spanish as well as English and am experienced in several accounting software applications. I am confident I could handle whatever cashier and accounting requirements you have. I am also familiar with handling credit cards, food stamps, coupons, special promotions and cash. I have always had a balanced cash drawer at the end of my shift.
I understand that happy customers always return. I enjoy working directly with customers and making sure they get what they want, and I have also worked with suppliers, so I know how to handle supplier’s invoices. I would like to meet you at a time convenient for you to discuss the position and my qualities in detail. I can be reached at 123-555-2341 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering my application.
List of Enclosures: resume
Sample 2 – Cashier Cover Letter
124 Union Street, Apt. 534
Camden, NJ 28396
April 20, 2019
ABC Members Club
Camden, NJ 28496
RE: Cashier, Ref# 121217, 04/15/2019
Dear Mr. Strum:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised cashier position at ABC Members Club. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in Microsoft Office will make me an asset to your organization.
Some key points that are relevant to this cashier position include:
- Collected payments via cash, check, or other charge payments from members
- Scanned all club merchandise through a point-of-sale system to ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for members
- Maintained the cleanliness of the front-line area. Assisted in general club housekeeping when necessary
- Performed other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated cashier with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting members expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at ABC Members Club.
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a cashier. I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Some tips for writing a persuasive cashier cover letter are:
• The letter should be short and to the point. No more than one page.
• The sentences should also be short.
• The letter should be written on the same paper as the resume and use the same font and header.
• The font should be easy to read and not larger than 12pt or smaller than 10pt.
• The letter should be included with the resume.
• The letter should be typed in formal business-letter style and not handwritten.