To write a cheque book request letter, follow these steps:
- Sample Letter of Withdrawal from College Course
- Free Samples: Personal Reason Work From Home Request Emails that Work
- Sample Complaint Letter for Rude Behaviour
- Sample Request Letter to Purchase Equipment
- Company Name Change Letter Templates: Your Rebranding Solution
- Address the letter to your bank manager.
- In the first paragraph, state the purpose of the letter and request a new cheque book.
- Provide your account details, including your account number and type of account.
- Mention the number of cheque leaves you want in the book.
- In the next paragraph, explain the reason for the request, if applicable.
- In the final paragraph, thank the bank manager for their time and consideration.
Here is a sample cheque book request letter:
sample cheque book request letter
Dear [Bank Manager],
I am writing to request a new cheque book for my account with your bank. My account details are as follows:
Account number: [Insert account number]
Type of account: [Insert type of account]
I would like to request a cheque book with [Insert number of cheque leaves] leaves. The reason for my request is [Insert reason, if applicable].
Thank you for considering my request. I appreciate your time and attention to this matter.
What is cheque book requisition?
A cheque book requisition is a request made by a bank account holder to the bank to issue a new cheque book.
The request can be made in person at the bank, over the phone, or through a written request, such as a letter or an online form.
In the request, the account holder typically provides their account details, such as the account number and type of account, and specifies the number of cheque leaves they want in the new cheque book. The bank will then process the request and issue a new cheque book to the account holder.
Cheque book requisitions are often made when the account holder has used up all the cheques in their current cheque book or if the cheque book has been lost or stolen. Some banks also allow account holders to request cheque books through their online banking platforms.
Can I get a checkbook immediately?
It depends on the bank’s policies and procedures. Some banks may be able to issue a new cheque book immediately, while others may take longer to process the request.
In general, it is best to allow at least a few business days for the bank to process and issue a new cheque book.
If you need a cheque book urgently, you may be able to request expedited processing or pickup of the cheque book at the bank.
It is best to contact your bank to inquire about their specific policies and procedures for issuing cheque books.
They may be able to provide you with more information on the availability of cheque books and any fees that may be involved.