A career as an office manager can be a rewarding choice for some people. However, many people consider a job as an office manager to be a starting point on a path towards a full career in life.
Because of this, many people will stay in an office managerial position in five years or less.
However, it’s important to make sure that one leaves a good impression when leaving any job position. The following article provides effective tips and tricks on how to write an office manager resignation notice.
provide at least 2 week notice
When writing a resignation letter, it’s important to make sure that one provides at least two week of notice. For some high-level positions, it may be necessary to provide at least four weeks notice.
However, this can vary based on one’s job duties. If an individual does lots of work that is very specialized, it’s a good idea to give as much notice as possible. If the work that one does is not specialized, it’s acceptable to give only two weeks notice.
When writing a resignation letter, it’s important to avoid burning bridges. While an office job can create lots of poor relationships over time, a resignation letter is not the time to bring these up.
Any negative comments that reflect on other people in an office may have a later negative effect on a job seeker.
To avoid these issues, it’s a good idea to remain neutral or positive in any notice of resignation. This can be an effective way to avoid hurt feelings and damaged relationships.
The following sample resignation notice is designed for an office manager who is about to quit his or her position.
Sample Office Manager Resignation Letter
Canton, Ohio 23053
Subjection: Resignation Notice
The past eight years at XYZ Company have been a great experience for me. I’ve made lots of great friendships over the past few years with my coworkers and peers.
During that time, I’ve seen many teams here collaborate on challenging projects in a great way. With the support of my peers, I’ve been able to grow both intellectually and emotionally in this job position.
While I have enjoyed by experience at this company, I have decided to pursue opportunities elsewhere. I want to thank everyone I have worked with for their continued support. I wish all of you the best in life.
Thanks, Stacey House
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing an University Application Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
Thank You for Your Support