If you’re applying for a job, you should include a cover letter with your resume. Cover letters can help you stand out from the crowd since they allow you to communicate directly to the hiring manager and demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the job.
Learn how to create a medical records technician cover letter. Use our sample medical records technician cover letters as a guide for writing your own.
Medical Records Technician Cover Letter Sample
231 12th Street
Washington, DC 30009
February 8, 2022
St. Mary’s Hospital
Washington, DC 30005
Dear Ms. James,
I am happy to learn of an employment opportunity in St. Mary’s Hospital for a medical records technician.
I find it especially rewarding and challenging working in hospitals, which is why I have been working in a Name Children’s Hospital for the past five years.
In my career, so far, I have taken on more and more responsibilities so that I have extensive experience as a medical records technician that is highly relevant to the position in your hospital including:
- Assembled patient’s medical and clinical records to conform to standards and requirements
- Protected the security of medical records to ensure the confidentiality is maintained
- Performed clerical functions incidental to record maintenance activities
- Completed forms in response to request for medical information
- Reviewed records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations
I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the requirements along with my qualifications in more detail. My resume is enclosed for your further consideration.
I will call you in the next few days to follow-up and see if there is a suitable time to arrange an interview. In the meantime, you can reach me at (000) 555-1111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering my application.
List of enclosures (resume)