Medical Records Technician Cover Letter
231 12th Street
Washington, DC 30009
February 8, 2019
St. Mary’s Hospital
Washington, DC 30005
Dear Ms. James,
I am happy to learn of an employment opportunity in St. Mary’s Hospital for a medical records technician. I find it especially rewarding and challenging working in hospitals, which is why I have been working in a Name Children’s Hospital for the past five years.
In my career, so far, I have taken on more and more responsibilities so that I have extensive experience as a medical records technician that is highly relevant to the position in your hospital including:
- Assembled patient’s medical and clinical records to conform to standards and requirements
- Protected the security of medical records to ensure the confidentiality is maintained
- Performed clerical functions incidental to record maintenance activities
- Completed forms in response to request for medical information
- Reviewed records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations
I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the requirements along with my qualifications in more detail. My resume is enclosed for your further consideration. I will call you in the next few days to follow-up and see if there is a suitable time to arrange an interview. In the meantime, you can reach me at (000) 555-1111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering my application.