Learn how to write a request letter for family emergency leave. Use our sample request letter for family emergency leave as a template for your request letter.
Family Emergency Leave request Letter sample
City, State, Zip Code
Name of Employer or HR Manager
Name of Company
Address of Company
City, State, Zip Code
RE: Emergency Leave
Dear Name of Employer:
This letter is to inform you that I need to take emergency leave starting today. My daughter just called me to inform me that my wife collapsed in the grocery store and has been taken to Name of Hospital.
I need to go to the hospital as soon as possible. I don’t as yet know if she is seriously ill, and will inform you as soon as I can.
I plan to return to work the day after tomorrow on DATE because I need a day to arrange for someone to come live in our home for a few days until my wife is discharged from the hospital.
I have informed my colleagues of my situation and am assured that my work will not suffer during this time. I can be reached at Phone Number at any time if you have any questions or would like more information. I can also be reached at Email Address.
Thank you for your consideration at this unsettling time. I look forward to receiving a positive response.
Your Printed Name
Cc: direct supervisor
- Emailing the Boss to Request Sick Leave for One Day [Example]
- 2 Big Mistakes To Avoid When Requesting Medical Leave
- Business Email Etiquette Rules Professional Should Know
- Can Parent Authorize Medical Treatment In Case Of Emergency On Trip?
- How To Request Something From Your Boss And Get A Resounding YES
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
Thank You for Your Support