If you’re applying for a job, you should include a cover letter with your resume. Cover letters can help you stand out from the crowd since they allow you to communicate directly to the hiring manager and demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the job.
Learn how to create a cover letter for a restaurant cashier position. Use our sample restaurant cover letters as a guide for writing your own.
Sample 1 - Restaurant Cashier Cover Letter
124 Union Street, Apt. 534
Camden, NJ 28396
December 9, 2021
Camden, NJ 28496
RE: Cashier, Ref# 121277, 12/8/2021
Dear Mr. Strum:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised cashier position at ABC Restaurant.
I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualification in speaking Spanish will make me an asset to your company.
Some Key Points That Are Relevant To This Cashier Position Include:
- Ensured order accuracy and quality
- Collected payments via cash, check, or other charge payments
- Ensured total Restaurant cleanliness
- Maintained a fun and fulfilling work environment
- Performed other duties as assigned, including working in other areas as needed
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated cashier with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting customers expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at ABC Restaurant.
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a cashier.
I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
List Of Enclosures: Resume
Sample 2 - Restaurant Cashier Cover Letter
5499 Palo Alto Blvd., Apt. 905
El Cerrito, CA 54109
August 7, 2021
169 Art Way
Oakland, CA 54119
RE: Cashier Position, #123386
Dear Mr. Pope:
I saw your advertisement for a cashier on Facebook and knew I was perfect for the job. I have all the qualifications you requested and I am ready, eager and willing to work.
As you will see from my resume, which I have attached for your review, I am well qualified.
Please take a moment and review my resume. I would love to get together and further discuss this position with you. I am available anytime during the day.
You can reach me on my cell at [555-970-8976] or by email at [email@example.com] in advance for your consideration.
- 3 Golden Rules For Writing An Outstanding Cover Letter
- How to Get a Job with No Experience
- The 4 Sentence Cover Letter That Gets You The Job Interview
- How to Write a Cover Letter (with No Experience)
- How to Explain an Employment Gap on Your Cover Letter
- 4 Secrets to Writing a Great Cover Letter
- How to Write a Strong Email Cover Letter (with Sample)