Below is sales engineer cover letter to be enclosed with the applicant’s resume. It should be not more than one page, written in formal, business-style and sent by certified mail, so the applicant gets confirmation that it has been received.
Two weeks after the HR director has received the letter, the applicant should call to follow-up the status of their application.
Sales Engineer Cover Letter Sample
124 Union Street, Apt. 534
Trenton, NJ 28396
April 6, 2019
ABC Sales Company
Trenton, NJ 28496
RE: Sales Engineer, Ref# 121117, 04/01/2019
Dear Mr. Strum:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised sales engineer position at ABC Sales Company. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in Microsoft Office will make me an asset to your organization.
Some key points that are relevant to this sales engineer position include:
- Developed and delivered product demonstrations and sales presentations that explain key technical aspects of solutions that will benefit customers and prospects
- Provided answers to client questions and other technical aspects of products
- Collected and documented competitive intelligence
- Produced and maintained easy to understand sales training guides and scripts
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated sales engineer with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting clients expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at ABC Sales Company.
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a sales engineer. I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.