Sample Cover Letter For Junior Data Scientist
1504 Ash Place, Apt. 534
Berkeley, CA 28946
November 24, 2019
ABC Data Science Company
Berkeley, CA 28946
RE Junior Data Scientist, Ref# 314857, 11/22/19
Dear Ms. Newburg:
I am submitting my resume in response to the recently advertised junior data scientist position at ABC Data Science Company. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in Hadoop and Hive will make me an asset to your organization.
Some key points that are relevant to this junior data scientist position include:
- Researched and iterated on analysis methods by finding elegant, reliable and understandable techniques to build analytics that matter
- Created technical assessments and developed custom approaches in response to time-critical urgent customer needs
- Examined new and more convincing methods for data reporting, visualization & presentation
- Built key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Designed and evaluated experiments
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated junior data scientist with the ability to remain focused in high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to meeting clients expectations and the ability to function as an integral part of a team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at ABC Data Science Company.
A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a junior data scientist. I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your requirements. Please contact me via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Cover Letter Tips:
• The letter should be short and to the point. No more than one page.
• The sentences should also be short.
• The letter should be written on the same paper as the resume and use the same font and header.
• The font should be easy to read and not larger than 12pt or smaller than 10pt.
• The letter should be included with the resume.
• The letter should be typed in formal business-letter style and not handwritten.