Here is a sample of a rental agreement letter. It should be formatted like a business letter to be professional, but the tone need not be formal.
The letter should be sent by certified mail, so the renter has proof of the time and date the letter was sent and received.
A copy of this and any response should be kept in a safe place in the event there is a dispute over an issue that is covered in the letter, and a court case is filed.
Sample Rental Agreement Letter
323 West Addison Street
Houston, TX, 10001
February 15, 2020
123 Wonder Road
Houston, TX, 10001
Dear Ms. Rolland,
I am writing this letter to express my appreciation that you have agreed to rent me the house at 323 West Addison Street for one year.
According to my understanding, I will be making a security deposit of $1200 and paying $1200 as rent on the first of every month beginning March 1, 2020 with the last payment due on February 28, 2021.
As we agreed, I will be using the suggested parking spot and will bring my dog and cat. I will give the security deposit and first month’s rent on March 1, 2020.
Please contact me as soon as possible if your understanding of our agreement is different from what I have presented.
If I don’t hear from you within the next 30 days, I will assume that you agree with these details. If you have any questions, I can be reached at 555-123-4567 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to moving into my new home on March 1, 2020.
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
- Writing an University Application Letter [Free Samples]
Thank You for Your Support