A vacation request email is your chance to ask your boss for specified vacation dates. An efficient request email tells your boss of your plans so that your work is completed or covered, as well as when you will be absent and when you will return to work.
Compose A Clear Request Email
You can compose a request email that is clear, short, and informative, promoting communication and trust between you and your boss.
A sample vacation request email to your boss can be found below. It can be used as a starting point for your vacation request email.
Vacation Request Email To Boss Sample
Subject: Request for vacation from [DATE] to [DATE] – Your Name
Dear [Name of Boss],
This email is a formal request for one week’s vacation from [DATE] to [DATE]. I will be back at work on [DATE]. My wife and I are planning a trip to visit our daughter for the first time in five years.
Thank you for considering my request. Please let me know if my request for leave has been approved at your earliest convenience, so I can finalize our flight and hotel bookings.
List of attachments
The Vacation Request Email Should Cover The Following Points:
- The aim of the email should be stated in the beginning paragraph so that the reader doesn’t need to read far to know the purpose of the letter.
- The reason for the request should also be clear.
- The email should be short. Long explanations may cause the reader to discard or not approve the request.
- If an immediate supervisor has agreed with the request, the employee could attach an email from the supervisor stating their approval. In some cases, it is recommended for the employee to name the coworkers who are taking over their responsibilities while they are gone.
- How To Write Request Emails
- How to Book a Cheap Vacation Package
- Exotic Places To Visit Right Here In The U.S.!
- What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
- What To Do If You Have To Cancel A Vacation
- 10 CHEAP FLIGHT HACKS That Will Save You Money!
- HUGE Secret Hotels Don’t Want You To Know (GET UPGRADED EVERY TIME!)
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Writing an University Application Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
Thank You for Your Support