It’s difficult to approach your boss and ask if you can work from home. Although it may appear that producing a work from home request letter is more challenging, you can use our sample letters as templates.
Sample 1 - work from home request letter
Subject: Work from home leave request due to back pain
Dear Employer’s Name,
This letter is accompanying my medical leave form to inform you that I am requesting to work from home for three weeks from [DATE] to [DATE].
I will be back in the office on [DATE]. I have injured my back in an automobile accident and have been requested by my doctor to stay home for a three-week treatment. Attached is a copy of her instructions.
I have completed the medical leave form required by the company, and according to my contract, I am allowed to take emergency medical leave. You can reach me at 555-123-4567 or a firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions.
Thank you for your kind consideration of my request.
List of Attachments
Sample 2 - work from home request letter
Subject: Work from home full-time request
Dear Employer’s Name,
As you know, I’ve been working from home part-time for the past six months. I’ve experienced a boost in productivity, and I’m better able to focus on my professional responsibilities without the distractions of the office.
Is it possible for me to work from home on a regular basis, meeting just when necessary in the office? I’ve enjoyed working with you and your team and look forward to doing so in the future.
Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for taking the time to read this.
Sample 3 - work from home request letter
Subject: Work from home request for [Your Full Name]
Hi, [Manager’s Name]:
This email is to inform you that I will be working from home tomorrow, [DATE], due to no childcare. I would, of course, be available through email or phone if you need me.
Thank you for your understanding,
[Your Full Name]
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing an University Application Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Proposal Letter to Offer Services [Free Samples]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
Thank You for Your Support