If a credit card is lost or stolen, it should be immediately reported to the credit card company or bank that issued the card.
This is essential so that the customer is not held liable for unauthorized charges on his or her card or if the card us used for identity theft.
24-hour support number?
It can be done by phone, and the card that is lost, stolen or damaged can be cancelled.
Most banks or companies have a 24-hour support number that can be called in just such a situation.
The customer may be counting on air miles or other perks that they accumulate on their cards, so receiving a replacement card as soon as possible is essential.
It will be necessary to request a credit card replacement, and that can also be done over the phone.
However, it is recommended to send a credit card replacement letter to the bank or company that includes the account number of the person requesting the replacement card as well as their name, address, email address and phone number.
May Require Forms
A bank or credit union may require certain forms to be filled out before they issue a replacement card.
Here is a sample credit card replacement letter for a card that was lost. It is also possible to request replacement cards to be sent to an alternate address or for additional users.
It is recommended that it be sent by certified mail so the customer will have proof of the time and date the letter was received. This may become useful if the card is not forthcoming.
Sample Credit Card Replacement Request Letter
City, State, Zip Code
Name of Credit Card Company or Bank
Address of Credit Card Company or Bank
City, State, Zip Code
Re: Account Number
To Whom It May Concern:
I recently lost my credit card that has the account number stated above. The lost card number was NUMBER.
As soon as I learned the card was lost, I phoned the company and asked that it be cancelled. I also asked for a replacement card.
This letter is to confirm my request that you issue me a replacement card as soon as possible. The cancelled card should be not authorized under any circumstances.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this request. If you have any questions, I can be reached at 555-123-4567 or at Name@email.com.
Your Printed Name
- Writing a Letter Requesting Financial Assistance for Education [Free Sample]
- Writing a Loan Request Letter to Employer [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Training Course [Free Samples]
- Writing a Simple Lease Renewal Letter (Free Samples)
- Vacation Request Letter [Free Samples]
- Writing a Guest Speaker Request Letter (Free Sample)
- Writing a Request Letter for New Computer in Office [Free Sample]
- Writing a Letter of Complaint against Supervisor [Free Sample]
- Writing a Request Letter for Overtime Pay [with Sample]
- Writing an Extension Request Letter [Free Samples]
Thank You for Your Support