How to Switch Car Insurance Companies
Last updated on January 12, 2023 / By
1. Research different car insurance companies and compare their rates, coverage options, and customer reviews.
2. Once you have decided on a new insurance company, contact them to get a quote and to make sure they are licensed to do business in your state.
3. Review your current policy to make sure there are no outstanding claims or issues that need to be resolved before cancelling your current policy.
4. Once you have a new policy in place, notify your current insurance company that you will be cancelling your policy, and provide them with the effective date of the cancellation.
5. Provide the new insurance company with the necessary information to set up your policy.
6. Make sure to update your insurance information on any relevant accounts such as your registration and car loan/lease.