Re-Applying to Jobs You Have Already Applied To
Last updated on January 12, 2023 / By
Re-applying to jobs you have already applied to can be a good way to increase your chances of getting hired, but it’s important to approach it in the right way. Here are some tips for re-applying to jobs:
1. Check the status of the job: Before re-applying, make sure the job is still open and accepting applications. If the position has been filled, there’s no point in re-applying.
2. Update your resume and cover letter: Take the time to update your resume and cover letter to reflect any new skills or experience you’ve gained since you last applied.
3. Personalize your application: Tailor your application to the specific job and company, highlighting how your skills and experience align with the position.
4. Reach out to the hiring manager: If possible, reach out to the hiring manager and let them know you’re re-applying. Explain why you’re still interested in the position and what you can bring to the company.
5. Be patient: Remember that the hiring process can take time, so be patient and don’t get discouraged if you don’t hear back right away.
It’s important to remember that re-applying to jobs is not always a good idea. If you have applied multiple times and haven’t been selected, it’s probably a good idea to move on and look for other opportunities. Also, if the company has explicitly mentioned that they don’t accept reapplications, you should respect their decision.