Resume Tips for Teachers
Last updated on January 21, 2023 / By
Here are some tips for creating a strong resume for a teaching position:
1. Use a clear, easy-to-read format: Choose a simple, professional font and use headings to organize your information.
2. Tailor your resume to the job: Review the job description and highlight any skills or experiences that are particularly relevant to the position.
3. Emphasize your teaching experience: Include the grade levels and subject areas you have taught, as well as any special education or instructional experience you have.
4. Describe your accomplishments: Use concrete examples to demonstrate the impact you have had on your students and your school community.
5. Include any relevant certifications or qualifications: If you hold any teaching certifications or have completed relevant coursework, be sure to include these on your resume.
6. Use action verbs: Use powerful action verbs such as “developed,” “implemented,” or “facilitated” to describe your responsibilities and accomplishments.
7. Keep it concise: Aim for a one-page resume, focusing on the most relevant and recent experiences.
I hope these tips are helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.