The Teacher Interview: Sample Questions & Answers
Last updated on January 12, 2023 / By
Teacher interviews can be intimidating, but being well-prepared can help you feel more confident and increase your chances of getting the job. Here are some sample questions and answers that you may be asked during a teacher interview:
1. Tell me about yourself? This is an open-ended question that allows you to share some information about yourself and your background. You can talk about your education, relevant experience, and any other personal or professional achievements that are relevant to the teaching position.
2. Why do you want to be a teacher? This question is an opportunity to share your passion for teaching and your motivation for pursuing a career in education. You can talk about your personal experiences with education, your belief in the importance of education, and your desire to make a positive impact on students’ lives.
3. How do you plan and prepare for your lessons? This question allows you to demonstrate your planning and preparation skills. You can talk about your approach to lesson planning, including how you incorporate various teaching methods and learning styles, and how you use assessment to guide your instruction.
4. How do you handle difficult students or situations in the classroom? This question is an opportunity to share your classroom management skills and strategies for handling difficult situations. You can talk about your approach to discipline and your belief in the importance of building positive relationships with students.
5. What are your strengths as a teacher? This question allows you to highlight your strengths and skills as a teacher. You can talk about your ability to create engaging and interactive lessons, your strong communication skills, and your ability to work well with a team.
Remember to be honest and authentic in your answers, and to tailor your responses to the specific needs and expectations of the school or district.